Between my day job, personal obligations, and daily chores and administrivia, I do not often get a “day off,” a totally unstructured day where I just go with the flow and do whatever I want, whenever I want. I was able to have such a day.
- I turned off my alarm and woke up naturally this morning.
- I enjoyed a slow cup of coffee and did some journal writing.
- I then spent some time in the library just goofing around the way I used to do as a kid.
- I then spent some time in a bookstore just golfing around the way I used to do as a teenager.
- Not far from the bookstore is an old fashioned stationary store, surprisingly tucked inside a Japanese supermarket. I played around with their pen selection and bought one specifically for journaling.
- I stopped at an Indian takeout restaurant for a couple of samosas. Oh my.
- I decided I needed a bit of exercise so I went to the mall, of all places, and walked from one end to the other and back. Of course I had to stop and try on hats. No I did not buy any this time.
All of this was just a prelude to what I really wanted to do today: I wanted to join a drum circle. I have been thinking about it for a while but I was a little intimidated. Did I play well enough? How friendly with the members be? I worried for nothing. I had a blast!